Monday, March 16, 2015

Irish Getaway


Ireland was absolutely fantastic! I am definitely glad I got to go during St. Patrick’s Day weekend, it added so much to the city I feel. Everything there was gorgeous. Omar, my flat mate, and I stayed in a hotel that was located on the residential side of Dublin. It was great because we not only got to see the city side, but also got to see the quieter homey side of things. The neighborhood was beautiful because all of the houses and flats were made of red brick! I was surprised to see such green grass and flowers blooming even when it was about 40 degrees out. Each day Omar and I would take the bus into the city where we would walk around and explore. We got to see the Dublin Castle, Guinness Storehouse, Molly Malone Statue, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, and Trinity College. At Trinity College we went in and got to see the Book of Kells along with the Long Room, which was basically a beautiful library. Then at night we would go to Temple Bar where most of the touristy night life was. The streets were so packed at Temple Bar it was unbelievable. We also got to see some of the buildings lit up in green at night. We had a lot of fun dressing up and celebrating the holiday, it has definitely been one of my favorite cities so far on this trip.
This describes my weekend perfectly.

Dublin Castle with Omar

Book of Kells, Long Room Library
Trinity College lit up in green!

No comments:

Post a Comment