Sunday, February 15, 2015

Internship and walking around London

Recently I have been working in the Red Blood Cell lab. It has been great because it is a change of pace. Basically it is a room full of girls doing a lot of tests and reading results, but half of the girls are a younger generation so we have been having a lot of fun. I have learned a lot about Sickle Cell Disease and how to read the results of High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) and Isoelectric Focusing (IEF). I've also learned the procedures to doing an IEF. I think this next week I will be headed back to Toxicology to finish reading some results from the research we have been doing.
This weekend I found an amazing place to eat called Nandos. They had some grilled chicken, mashed potatoes, and garlic bread I had been craving for quite some time. Then, I went out exploring later on in the weekend and found the Traffic Light Tree which I had on my list of things to see in London! I also tried to see the water pump John Snow broke the handle off of to stop the spread of cholera, but when I got to the location, the pump was gone. Where I should have been they had cut off with a fence for construction purposes, also the John Snow pub had been shut down for construction purposes too. I had a nice journey though so I cant complain.
Havisha and I looking at blood samples,
and punching out blood spots.
John Snow Pub
Traffic Light Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment