Thursday, January 22, 2015

My First Official Day at King's College Hospital

Today I was excited to get started at King's College Hospital! When I first arrived, I got a badge that allows me access through some of the doors. Soon after that I attended a little meeting that explained a little about what kind of things I would be working with and how King's College Hospital works. I was working in the hemoglobin lab, which is the red blood cell lab. I spent most of the day entering different amino acid sequences that were problematic, so that when the information is transferred to the machine, the machine can tell the difference between a problematic amino acid sequence. Later we will be taking samples of blood and running them through the machine so that the machine can can test the blood for problematic amino acid sequences.

No comments:

Post a Comment